The Concept is looking to hire software developers with experience in various programming languages who develop complex software, creates/executes and designs new functionalities. This role encapsulates creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus, all of which require exceptional focus on prioritizing tasks and clearly communicating with the team.
This key development role will engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle including gathering and analysing user/business system requirements and creating application system models. Utilising your abilities in analysing, designing, implementing and testing solutions, you will work closely with other team members to deliver a high-quality outcome and identify opportunity for improvements within the products.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience with programming stacks such as MERN (MongoDB, Express(.Js), React(.Js), and Node(.Js)) is required.
• Practical experience in android/web application development is required.
• Experience in cloud computing (IBM cloud/AWS/Azure/GCP/Alibaba, etc.).
• Practical experience in data storing/capturing technology (NFC, RFID, IOT devices or equivalent).
• Experience with SQL/NoSQL, Python, stored procedures, PostgreSQL.
• Practical experience in agile methodology frameworks.
• Experience in UX/UI development is advantageous.
• Experience with UDP, TCP, and HTTP communications programming is advantageous.
• Previously worked in a startup or agile environment is advantageous.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Consistently follow The Concept’s development and coding standards and work in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
• Construct and execute appropriate test cases to validate software changes.
• Add value through participation in design and architecture discussion, peer code reviews, tool and framework selection and software engineering process development.
• Participate in product and/or application definition activities including feature analysis and system trade-offs.
• Utilize software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
• Work collaboratively and professionally with the teams at The Concept in cross functional teams to achieve goals.
• Driven by the problem being solved, not the technology it is being solved with.
• Proven ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly.
• Be self-motivated, highly organized and independent with the ability to manage own workload and work unsupervised.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with team members, customers and other stakeholders including tactfully communicating difficult/sensitive information.
• A passionate ‘can-do’ mindset focused on understanding and addressing product and customer needs.
• A co-operative approach to “go the extra mile” to achieve results.
• Mature and professional approach to work with an ability to instil a high level of confidence with others.
Click below to email us your CV.